L.C. Smith Gun Works and Andrews Cane Rods

L.C. Smith Gun Works
 photo OESmith.jpg, photo Stripper-Guide-Picture.jpg

My shop is dedicated to the complete and accurate restoration of all double barrel shotguns, but especially the L.C. Smith guns. I specialize in returning these old guns back to factory specs. I have a ton of factory parts and I've restocked over 300 L.C. Smiths. My goal is to make this gun looks just as it did when it left the L.C. Smith or Hunter Arms plant. Feel free to call me to discuss your gun. 304-843-1740 8;00am to 5:00 pm EST. I love discussing the guns and all aspects of the gun. I specialize in the repair and installation of the Hunter One Trigger and ejectors. I care about the guns and the repairs. I know the guns well and take pride in a quick return and professional work. Please feel free to list your L.C. Smith guns or any other guns for sale on this board. I encourage you to use this site to learn about the guns and to advance yourself as a shooter, collector and jack of all trades with these old guns. Please be courteous and keep it clean. I will not tolerate any drama. Enjoy, share and have fun with it all.
Life is very short. Jerry Andrews

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2016 8:58 pm  #1

damascus finish

I have some Damascus Lc Smith barrels in the white after polishing and needed advice in the best way to refinish them to the original black and white.  Any recommendations on chemicals to use and techniques etc. would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

9/05/2016 5:59 pm  #2

Re: damascus finish

I use copper sulfate. It's a little tougher to use, but it really etches. About 3-5 mins max, maybe a lot less. Check your barrels every 15 seconds. You'll need to read Oscar Gaddy's process, it's all over the internet. It's quite complicated and time consuming and messy at times.  I charge $400.00 for the process and I don't think I'm really making much doing it. I've developed my own process for this, feel free to call me tomorrow at 304-843-1740   I'll fully explain it, I don't mind sharing the process with you at all. Just give me a call tomorrow. Thanks much, Jerry

10/21/2016 5:27 am  #3

thank you

12/04/2017 6:45 am  #4

I've since revamped my entire process and no longer etch barrels at all during this process. Feel free to call me at 304-843-1740 and I'd be glad to help, Jerry

Board footera