L.C. Smith Gun Works and Andrews Cane Rods

L.C. Smith Gun Works
 photo OESmith.jpg, photo Stripper-Guide-Picture.jpg

My shop is dedicated to the complete and accurate restoration of all double barrel shotguns, but especially the L.C. Smith guns. I specialize in returning these old guns back to factory specs. I have a ton of factory parts and I've restocked over 300 L.C. Smiths. My goal is to make this gun looks just as it did when it left the L.C. Smith or Hunter Arms plant. Feel free to call me to discuss your gun. 304-843-1740 8;00am to 5:00 pm EST. I love discussing the guns and all aspects of the gun. I specialize in the repair and installation of the Hunter One Trigger and ejectors. I care about the guns and the repairs. I know the guns well and take pride in a quick return and professional work. Please feel free to list your L.C. Smith guns or any other guns for sale on this board. I encourage you to use this site to learn about the guns and to advance yourself as a shooter, collector and jack of all trades with these old guns. Please be courteous and keep it clean. I will not tolerate any drama. Enjoy, share and have fun with it all.
Life is very short. Jerry Andrews

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2017 3:36 pm  #1

1940 Fulton Hunter Special 20 guage

I just acquired a 20 guage double at a gun show recently that I have a question you may be able to help me with.  The left barrel says "Hunter Arms Co. Inc. mfrs Fulton, NY. USA."  The right barrel says "HUNTER SPECIAL".   The case colored frame says HUNTER SPECIAL.  The Serial number  is 1895xx.  There is a part on the rear of the forearm close to the hinge pin referred to in the numrich arms schematic for the Fulton as part number 8 ejector.  That part on my gun is attached with a single screw.  Although the part in the schematic is referred to as an ejector I am pretty sure this gun has extractors only.  I could not find a schematic for the Hunter Special.

I am not at all familiar with the gun but it appears that that part referred to as part number 8 ejector pushes the extractor out so you can remove the shells or cocks the hammer Maybe both, I am not sure which.

This part number 8 in my gun is loose and slides up and down in a slot that a screws goes through that attaches it to the forearm iron.

My question is should that part number 8 move up and down when the barrels are opened or closed, or should that screw be tightened so part number 8 does not move. 

Any help you or anyone else can give me would be great.  It is a really nice gun and I do not wanted to damage it.  I really like the old hardware store doubles.  This would be a great prairie chicken/pheasant or  dove gun.  I also hunt quail with a 1924 20 guage Nitro Special.

Thanks in advance Bob

12/23/2017 3:58 pm  #2

Re: 1940 Fulton Hunter Special 20 guage

Yes sir, it has to move up and down, sounds like it's working just as it should.   If  you need help, feel free to call anytime, Always glad to help out!  Thanks much, Jerry

3/03/2018 1:31 pm  #3

Jerry--please forward your mailing address so I can send you my L C to repair the receiver.

Thanks
Tom
301-514-3900

3/12/2018 3:09 pm  #4

Jerry Andrews
1225 Grandview Rd
Moundsville, West Virginia 26041
Thanks much Jerry
Please include a letter as to what we are going to do with the gun.

3/03/2024 3:23 am  #5

Hi, Been working on the Tank Hunter Carrier this week, still loads to do but starting to make progress, I have attached some pictures, I know its got Mk2 rear fenders for now.

Board footera